- The California Association of Code Enforcement Officers, a statewide training and representation group for code enforcement personnel, presented Concord Officer Curt Michael with the 2015 Officer of the Year award.
- Presidential Service Awards and certificates of appreciation from local Congressional offices were presented to members of Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS), recognizing their significant contribution of more than 17,000 hours donated annually.
- Gary Freedman was recognized by the Mayor and City Council as the 2015 Volunteer in Public Service of the Year.
- Corporal Jason Smith was named Concord Kiwanis Officer of the Year for 2015.
- Concord's 2015 Relay for Life Team raised $2,225 for the American Cancer Society, the second highest total for the event.
- 2016 Helen Putnam Award
- 10 Best Places to Retire
- Applause for Downtown
- Best of the East Bay
- Financial Excellence
- U-Haul Number 1 Growth City
- Urban Forest
2016 Helen Putnam Award for Excellence-Family Justice Center
The City of Concord won a prestigious League of California Cities Helen Putnam Award for the Central County Family Justice Center, established in 2015 at 2150 Salvio Street. The Family Justice Center is a one-stop center where police, prosecutors, social service agencies and community organizations come together under one roof to assist victims of:
- Child Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Human Trafficking
- Sexual Assault
Concord: One of Best Places in the World to Retire
The well-respected Condé Naste Traveler magazine named Concord one of the 10 best places in the world to retire. Concord joined a list that included cities in:
Conde Naste said "Concord is a big little city, home to farmers markets, excellent health care facilities, and free community activities throughout the year."
Applause for Downtown Plan
The Association of Bay Area Governments honored Concord with the Start It Up Award for the City's Downtown Specific Plan, which will guide the continued development of the dynamic area around Todos Santos Plaza.
Best in the East Bay - Camp Concord
Bay Area Parent, considered to be one of the most widely read regional parenting magazines, recognized Camp Concord at South Lake Tahoe with the 2015 Family Favorite Best of the East Bay Award. Parent's Press also recognized Camp Concord an award for Best of the East Bay 2015.
Recognition of Financial Excellence
Concord received the Government Financial Officer's Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting for fiscal year 2014 to 2015, GFOA Distinguished Budget Award for fiscal year 2014 to 2015, and National Procurement Institute's Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award for 2015.
Concord is U-Haul's Number 1 Growth City in U.S.
Concord has been named by U-Haul International as the Number 1 Growth City in the United States. U-Haul's criterion is based on the number of people who rent a U-Haul vehicle in one city and return it to another city. According to U-Haul, people rented U-Hauls elsewhere and returned them to Concord U-Haul locations at a higher rate than anywhere else in the country!
Caring for the Urban Forest
The Arbor Day Foundation designated Concord as a Tree City USA for the 34th consecutive year, and presented Concord with the Growth Award for the 17th consecutive year. The City celebrated Earth Day on Saturday, April 23, 2016 with tree plantings, path restoration, creek clean-up, trash pick-up and the planting of a butterfly garden at Newhall Community Park.