The Purchasing Division is part of the Finance Department. We are committed to providing high quality procurement standards and practices. We strive to process procurements in a timely and efficient manner and ensure that products and services are delivered when required at the most reasonable price.
We give primary consideration to the best interests of the City of Concord. Our goal is to obtain the best value for the City, attain the maximum value for each tax dollar while meeting the needs of City departments, and giving all qualified vendors a fair opportunity. The City will apply the best value concept as defined below:
Achievements & Awards
The City of Concord has earned the prestigious Achievement of Excellence in Procurement award.
Best Value Concept
In determining the "lowest responsive, responsible bidder," the City will apply the best value concept. Criteria for determining low bids shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- The ability, capacity, and skill of the bidder to perform the contract or provide the supplies, services, or equipment required
- The ability of the bidder to provide the supplies, services, or equipment promptly or within the time specified without delay or interference
- The character, integrity, reputation, judgment, experience, and efficiency of the bidder
- The quality of the bidder's performance on previous purchases or contracts with the City
- The ability of the bidder to provide future maintenance, repair, parts, and services for the use of the supplies purchased
Availability Of Funds
The City's fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th. Budgets are set to correspond with the fiscal year. The City conducts a quote/bid process with the intention that funds are available for the purchase. However, depending on cost and budget availability at the time, the City may or may not make an award. The City's obligation for payment of any contract beyond the current fiscal year is contingent upon the availability of funding from which payment can be made.
Please refer to the City of Concord's Equal Opportunity Clause of Executive Order 11246 (PDF).
Please refer to the City of Concord's Insurance Requirements (PDF).