Economic Development in Concord, California
Room for Bay Area business to grow
The San Francisco Bay Area provides a key gateway to the economies of California and the world. But doing business in just any Bay Area location is no longer sufficient. Today's unpredictable economy demands that organizations locate in a community offering easy access to the entire region, a stable, safe business environment and room for growth along with a high quality of life. As a result, businesses continue to discover the rewards of doing business in Concord.
- Located 29 miles east of San Francisco and adjacent to beautiful Mount Diablo, Concord has maintained the steady growth of both its business and residential communities.
- The City provides ready access to San Francisco, Silicon Valley, the growing North Bay and Sacramento, as well as some of the world's leading universities.
- Here, business-friendly government policies, outstanding Class A office space values, numerous industrial parks and excellent transportation combine with favorable home prices, an educated workforce, a dynamic retail environment and an enviable quality of life to make Concord a premier business location.
- Bay Area enterprises-large and small-celebrate Concord as the place in which to thrive today and respond to new opportunities tomorrow.
Convenience to the Bay Area and beyond
Major highways, public transit and a local airport enable business leaders to quickly travel anywhere while providing employees with multiple choices for getting to work. In addition to a convenient location adjacent to Interstate 680 and State Routes 4 and 242, Concord boasts two Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stations. Times to leading destinations by BART include:
- 41 minutes to San Francisco
- 35 minutes to UC Berkeley
- 31 minutes to Oakland/Downtown
- 33 minutes to Pleasanton/Bishop Ranch.
Concord also provides County Connection bus service and rail travel to Sacramento via an AMTRAK station just eight miles from downtown. The nearby Buchanan Field Airport offers executive jet and air taxi service.
For more information, contact Economic Development at 925-671-3355
John Montagh, Economic Development & Housing Manager
Robert Ramirez, Economic Development Specialist