Concord residents enjoy a broad range of public and private educational opportunities from elementary through university and adult education. Mt. Diablo Unified School District's popular Diablo Basics at Monte Gardens Elementary School for grades K-5 is a model program for the district. Diablo Basics maintains a vision of high expectations, parental involvement and student skills in management and preparation.
Other alternative programs include Academics Plus, Open Education, and Cornerstone Family School. Concord's numerous private and parochial schools include De La Salle High School for boys and Carondelet High School for girls. These Catholic schools provide college prep programs for students of all religious and ethnic backgrounds.
High school graduates and working adults take advantage of outstanding local college/university opportunities that include:
- California State University East Bay/Concord Campus. The 200-acre campus in Concord serves 1,300 working adults and fosters career success with graduate and certificate programs, including master's degrees in Business Administration and Public Administration.
- University of Phoenix. Located at the Metroplex Office Centre at 1401 Willow Pass Rd., provides associate to Doctorate degrees in subject matter including Business, Healthcare, Education and Behavioral Sciences.
- Diablo Valley College. Located in adjacent Pleasant Hill, DVC serves 22,000 community college students of all ages, providing Associate of Arts degrees and a variety of vocational training.
- University of California Berkeley. One of the world's leading teaching and research universities, UC Berkeley - just 20 miles from Concord-provides undergraduate and graduate programs to 32,000 students. The faculty has produced 18 Nobel Prize winners.
- Heald Business College in North Concord offers Associate Degree programs in business, technology and healthcare.
For more information, contact Economic Development at 800-727-2254, 925-671-3355 or Email Us.
John Montagh, Economic Development & Housing Manager
Robert Ramirez, Economic Development Specialist