SPECIAL JOINT MEETING OF THE CONCORD CITY COUNCIL
MT. DIABLO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Monday, April 13, 2015
6:30 p.m. - 8.30 p.m.
City Council Chamber
1950 Parkside Drive, Concord, CA
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board Member, Barbara Oaks, will participate via teleconference from Springhill Suites, 3304 US 41, South Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call (Concord City Council; Board of Education)
- Opening Remarks (Mayor of Concord; School Board President)
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- The Council/Board may only take comments on items listed on this agenda.
- PRESENTATION BY MT. DIABLO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT, DR. NELLIE MEYER
- Discussion of Common Core Standards
- Update on Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- PRESENTATION BY THE LOCAL REUSE AUTHORITY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MICHAEL WRIGHT
- Update on progress to develop the Concord Naval Weapons Station and the selection process for a Master Developer
- PRESENTATION BY MT. DIABLO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT'S DIRECTOR OF MEASURE C, TIM CODY
- Update on Measure C Facility Improvements in Concord
- SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS
- Elementary - Meadow Homes (Art Program)
- Middle - Pine Hollow Middle School (School Highlights) c. High - Concord High School (Career Pathways)
- PRESENTATION BY THE CONCORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Update on new School Resource Officers added in FY 2014-15
- Update on the Daytime Curfew (Anti-Truancy Program)
- OTHER MUTUAL AREAS OF INTEREST
- The Mt. Diablo Unified School District and Concord City Council will provide each other updates on items of mutual interest and discuss current partnerships and other areas of cooperation. No formal action will be taken.