Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council/
City Council Sitting as the John Muir/Mt. Diablo Community Health District Board
Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
6:30 p.m. Open Session.
City Council Chamber. 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Vice Mayor Leone
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- Presentation - to Chris Llata, Parks Maintenance Team Leader, Proclaiming April 12, 2016, as Arbor Day in the City of Concord. Presentation by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Adopting - Ordinance No. 16-2 entitled, "An Ordinance Amending the Concord Municipal Code as follows: A Text Amendment to the Development Code (PL16024-DC), Section 18.200.180, Secondary Living Units, to Establish a Two-Year Pilot Program to Remove Barriers to the Construction of Small Secondary Living Units." Ordinance No. 16-2 was introduced on March 22, 2016, by reading of the title only and waiving further reading. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Accepting - 2015/16 California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery Used Oil Payment Funding in the amount of $34,706, and allocate the funding to the City of Concord Used Oil Collection Programs. Resolution No. 16-20 for adoption. Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Amending and restating - the ICMA 401 Governmental Profit Sharing Plan & Trust Agreement, and authorizing the City Manager to execute the associated Adoption Agreement, ensuring compliance and qualified status with the IRS. Resolution No. 16-21 for adoption. (No fiscal impact) Recommended by the Director of Human Resources.
- Matter to Set for Public Hearing - on Tuesday, April 26, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber - proposed amendments to Exhibit A to Resolution No. 78-6042 establishing fees and charges for various municipal services in the City of Concord and adoption of City of Concord Policy & Procedure No. 170, User Fees and Charges Cost Recovery Policy, establishing policy guidelines for setting and updating User Fees and Charges and establishing cost recovery goals. Recommended by the Director of Finance.
- Authorizing - the Mayor to execute an Employment Agreement with Susanne Meyer Brown to serve as City Attorney. Recommended by the Ad hoc Subcommittee of Vice Mayor Leone and Councilmember Helix.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSIDERATION ITEM
- Consideration - of the Council Ad Hoc Committee's recommendation that Council authorize the Ad Hoc Committee to work with outside Counsel Michael Vlaming and staff to negotiate with the various building trade unions a possible City-wide project stabilization agreement. (General Fund) Report by Valerie Barone, City Manager.
- CITY COUNCIL SITTING AS THE JOHN MUIR/MT. DIABLO HEALTH CARE DISTRICT BOARD CONSIDERATION ITEM
- Consideration - of filling two vacancies on the John Muir/Mt. Diablo Community Health Fund Board, one by appointment of a Councilmember or recruitment and one by recruitment, and setting a deadline for receipt of applications by the City Clerk. (No fiscal impact) Report by Joelle Fockler, City Clerk.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: City Council
Date: 4/13/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|