Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council/
City Council Sitting as the Local Reuse Authority
(Adjourned from May 3, 2016)
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
6:30 p.m. Open Session
Council Chamber. 1950 Parkside Dr.
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Helix
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- Presentation - to Andy Madiera, Eden Housing, proclaiming May 13-21, 2016, as "Affordable Housing Week" in the City of Concord. Introduction by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- Presentation - to Justin Ezell, Public Works Director, proclaiming the week of May 15-21, 2016, as "National Public Works Week" in recognition of the important role all Public Works Departments and their employees play in maintaining the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens. Introduction by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- CITY COUNCIL/CITY COUNCIL SITTING AS THE LOCAL REUSE AUTHORITY CONSENT CALENDAR
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the Consent Calendar before or during the City Council's consideration of the Consent Calendar. Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Consideration - of approval of an Amendment to the Master Agreement for Professional Services Associated with Hazardous Materials Management, Remedial Assessment Reviews, and Risk Management Planning with Environmental Risk Services Corporation (ERS) Not to Exceed $30,000. Funding will be Provided by a Loan to the Local Reuse Authority (LRA) from the General Fund. Recommended by the Director of Community Reuse Planning.
- CITY COUNCIL/CITY COUNCIL SITTING AS THE LOCAL REUSE AUTHORITY CONSIDERATION ITEMS
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- Presentation - of a revised Lennar Term Sheet and consideration of staff's recommendation that City Council select Lennar Concord LLC as the Master Developer for the Development Phase One Property at the Concord Naval Weapons Station and proceed to the Disposition and Development Agreement (DDA) stage of the negotiation period, as defined in the Agreement to Negotiate between the Local Reuse Authority and Lennar. Report by Guy Bjerke, Director of Community Reuse Planning.
Correspondence received at the City Council meeting will be listed here on the Annotated Agenda.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 5/24/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|