Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
6:30 p.m. Open Session
Council Chamber 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag and Presentation on the Status of Scouting in Concord - Mt. Diablo Silverado Council, Boy Scouts of America
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- Announcing - a recruitment to fill an unscheduled vacancy on the Community Services Commission for a term ending June 30, 2019 and on the Design Review Board for a term ending February 28, 2019; and setting Friday, June 24, 2016, at 5 p.m. as the deadline for receipt of applications by the City Clerk. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Approving - the minutes from the meetings of March 22 and 28, 2016. (No Fiscal Impact) Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Matter to Set for Public Hearing - on Tuesday June 14, and Tuesday, June 28, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber - Consideration of approval of the following: 1) Fiscal Year 2016-2017 and 2017-18 Capital Improvement Budget; 2) Mid-cycle adjustments to the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Operating Budget and Updates to the Ten-Year Financial Forecast; and 3) Annual Appropriation Limits and Adjustment. Recommended by the City Manager.
- Considering - award of contract to Musco Sports Lighting, LLC of Muscatine, Iowa in the amount of $462,871 for the supply of materials, delivery, installation of field lighting, and related work for the Willow Pass Park Field Lights Replacement project, Project No. 2347, and approving a related budget transfer in the amount of $60,000. (Measure Q Funds) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development. Project is categorically exempt per section 15301 - Existing Facilities.
- Considering - award of Building Procurement and Installation Contract in the amount of $153,223 for Ellis Lake Park Restroom Building, Project No. 2351. (Measure Q Funds) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development. Project is categorically exempt per Section 15303 of CEQA - "New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures."
- Considering - an Addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Concord and Teamsters Local Union 856 providing a 10 percent base pay increase for Lead Dispatcher and Dispatcher II Classifications. Resolution No. 16-4835.1 for adoption. (General Fund) Recommended by the Director of Human Resources.
- Considering - an Addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Concord and the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 29 adjusting compensation to four Engineering classifications, Junior Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Associate Civil Engineer and Plan Check Engineer, and considering an adjustment to compensation for the City Engineer Classification. Resolution No. 16-47352 for adoption. (General Fund) Recommended by the Director of Human Resources.
- Considering - approval of letter of support to Representative DeSaulnier for House Resolution 616 Publically Exonerating the 50 African American Sailors of the United Stated Navy who were tried and convicted of mutiny in connection with their service at the Port Chicago Naval Magazine in Concord, California, during World War II. (No Fiscal Impact) Recommended by the City Manager.
- Considering - appropriating and approving expenditure of Police Department operating funds for hardware and software upgrades to the Leica Scan Station P S40 (Forensic Diagraming Equipment) and associated crime scene and collision diagraming software in the amount of $121,622.20. (General Fund) Recommended by the Chief of Police.
- BUDGET WORKSHOP
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- Considering - accomplishments related to the City's Capital Improvement Program over the last year and recommendations for the Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2016-2017 and 2017-2018. Report by Robert Ovadia, City Engineer.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: Special Meeting
Date: 5/31/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|