Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Special Meeting of the Concord City Council
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
6:30 p.m. Open Session
Council Chamber 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Birsan.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the Consent Calendar before or during the City Council's consideration of the Consent Calendar. Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Considering - approval of the minutes from the meeting of March 29, 2016. (No Fiscal Impact) Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Considering - award of contract to Mission Valley Ford Truck Sale of San Jose in the amount of $21,572 for one diesel front-mounted riding lawn mower. (Annual Vehicle Replacement Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Considering - approval of the City of Concord FY2016-17 Investment Policy. Recommended by the Director of Finance.
- Accepting - the improvements for Farm Bureau Road Safe Routes to School Improvements - Willow Pass Road to Wren Avenue, Project No. 2251, constructed by Graniterock Construction and directing the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion, approving construction contract change orders in the amount of $51,208.25 and a budget transfer in the amount of $30,000 for the construction contract, approving an amendment to the Project Management Contract with Swinerton Management & Consulting in the amount of $18,840, and authorizing the City Manager to execute the amendment. (Safe Routes to School Grant, Measure J, OSIP, IT Operations, and Gas Tax Funds) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Accepting - the improvements for Citywide Sewer Lateral Replacement Program, Project No. 2244, constructed by Overmiller, Inc., dba Roto-Rooter of Concord, and directing the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion. Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Accepting - the improvements for Citywide Bridge Repair Program - Group 1 Bridges, Project No. 2342, and directing the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion. Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- Status Update - on the Downtown Corridors Plan. Report by Joan Ryan, Senior Planner.
- Status Update - on the Council Committee on Early California Architectural Review on 30% Todos Santos Design Guidelines. Report by Afshan Hamid, Associate Planner.
Correspondence received at the City Council meeting will be listed here on the Annotated Agenda.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 6/7/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|