Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
6:30 p.m. Open Session. Council Chamber. 1950 Parkside Dr.
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Birsan
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- Presentation - of the proceeds from the Mayor's Cup Golf Tournament held May 6, 2016, to Carol Longshore, Concord Historical Society; Ana Villalobs, Concord Junior Giants; and Joe Fernandez, First Tee Contra Costa Youth Golf Program. Presentation by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the Consent Calendar before or during the City Council's consideration of the Consent Calendar. Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Item to set for Public Hearing - on Tuesday, August 2, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber - considering an appeal of the Planning Commission's denial of Pleasant Paper Recycling Inc.'s (dba "Concord Recycling Center") appeal of a Planning Division interpretation of Concord Development Code Section 18.40.010(D) regarding outdoor storage in the Service Commercial (SC) Zoning District. Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Considering - award of construction contract for the Franquette Avenue Pedestrian & Bike Train Connector, Project No. 2307, in the amount of $321,263 to W.R. Forde Associates of Richmond. (Measure J and Contra Costa Pedestrian, Bicycle and Trail Facilities Grant) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
This project qualifies for a Categorical Exemption pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines Sections 15301, "Existing Facilities," and 15304, "Minor Alterations to Land."
- Considering - approval of a three-year Maintenance Services Agreement in the amount of $510,900 ($170,300 annually) with West Coast Arborists, Inc. in a form acceptable to the City Attorney to provide tree maintenance services. (General Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Considering - approval of a one-year custodial services contract extension in a form acceptable to the City Attorney with Universal Building Services in the amount of $376,000. (Building Maintenance Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Considering - approval of a Professional Services Agreement with AMF Media Group in a form acceptable to the City Attorney in the amount of $193,000 to provide marketing, public relations services, and media purchases in support of the City's Economic Development Program. (General Fund) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
RECESS - to reconvene in the Garden Conference Room, Wing A, Civic Center
- Interview - applicants to fill an unexpected vacancy on the City of Concord Planning Commission for a term ending February 28, 2017.
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 7/12/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|