Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council/City Council Sitting as the Concord/Pleasant Hill Health Care District Board/City Council Sitting as the Local Reuse Authority
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
5:30 p.m. Closed Session. City Council Conference Room, Wing A. 1950 Parkside Drive
6:30 p.m. Open Session. City Council Chamber. 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- CLOSED SESSION
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION - (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)) Name of case: Dutcher v. Lawson, et al., United States District Court Case No. C12-01981 CRB
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION - (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)) Name of case: Valentine v. City of Concord, et al., United States District Court Case No. C16-00279MEJ
- RECESS TO OPEN SESSION
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Helix
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period. If Public Comment goes longer than 15 minutes, then the item will be continued to the end of the City Council meeting.
- Presentation - to Michele Fravel, Public Works Administrative Clerk III, the Public Works Department Award of Excellence by Director of Public Works Justin Ezell. Introduction by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the Consent Calendar before or during the City Council's consideration of the Consent Calendar. Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Considering - approval of the minutes from the meetings of July 19 and 26, and August 2, 2016. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Considering - award of purchase of a 2017 Tymco Model 600 Street Sweeper to Tymco Inc. in the Amount of $267,943.88. (Annual Vehicle Replacement Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Considering - amendment to Employment Agreement between the City of Concord and City Manager Valerie Barone providing for an annual salary increase of 4 percent effective November 1, 2016 and a future increase of 4 ½ percent (non-compounding) effective July 1, 2017. Recommended by the Mayor.
- Considering - adoption of Resolution No. 16-87 approving a Compensation Agreement with the City of Concord and Concord/Pleasant Hill Health Care District. Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Considering - acceptance of improvements for the Traffic Sign Replacement Project and directing the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion. Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Welcome and Introduction.
- Recognition and comments by outgoing Councilmember Daniel C. Helix.
- Recognition and comments by outgoing Councilmember Timothy S. Grayson.
- Considering - Resolution No. 16-89 accepting the results of the November 8, 2016 Consolidated Municipal Election. Report by Joelle Fockler, City Clerk.
- Comments - on her first year as Mayor. Report by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- Oath of Office - for Councilmembers-elect Birsan and Obringer. Conducted by Joelle Fockler, City Clerk.
- Comments - by Mayor, Councilmembers and Treasurer.
- CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION PROCEEDINGS
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- Considering - adoption of Resolution No. 16-90 confirming Laura M. Hoffmeister as Mayor of the City of Concord. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Considering - adoption of Resolution No. 16-91 confirming and designating Vice Mayor. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- LOCAL REUSE AUTHORITY REORGANIZATION CONFIRMATION
- Considering - of confirmation of the designation of the Mayor and new Vice Mayor to serve as the Chair and Vice Chair of the Local Reuse Authority for the Concord Naval Weapons Station Reuse Plan as authorized by Resolution No. 06-01 adopted January 10, 2006. Report by Mayor Hoffmeister.
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 12/13/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|