Community Oriented Government
Community Oriented Government (COG) supports our mission, providing a problem solving process that engages the City and its residents in achieving Quality of Life outcomes within our neighborhoods and business community.
COG Liaison Teams
Provide a direct link to the community to build collaborative, problem solving relationships between municipal government and residents.
COG is About Action
and bringing our Mission, Vision and Values to life. It's about an approach to doing the business of providing service to Concord's residents. The City needs to ensure it engages our community, listens carefully, and addresses issues within the City Council's policy framework. But the City can't do it alone. Partnerships between government and neighborhoods and businesses are essential to making Concord a great place to live, work and raise a family.
Liaison Teams are the Juice of Community Oriented Government (COG)
The teams are a direct link at a leadership level between City Hall and the community. Liaison Teams build partnerships by engaging the community and collaborating in problem resolution.
- Enhance staff presence by attending neighborhood meetings
- Understand issues rather than just their symptoms by actively listening to residents
- Provide enhanced problem solving capabilities through better understanding of small areas of the City
- Break down bureaucracy and focus on outcomes versus process with improved communication
- Foster communication and put a "face" on government by being available to the community
- Serve as ambassadors to the community