Concord is a General Law city, governed by a City Council comprised of five elected members who serve at-large for four-year terms. The most recent general municipal election was held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 under the provisions of the laws relating to general law cities in the State of California. The election resulted in Edi Birsan and Dan Helix being placed on the City Council for four-year terms ending in 2016. The next election will occur in November 2014.

About Concord Municipal Elections

Municipal elections are held on even-numbered years, in November, in accordance with Concord Municipal Code Chapter 26, Article 1, Section 26-1. Councilmember terms overlap, with three Councilmember elected one year and the other two elected two years later. Each year the Council selects one of its members to serve as Mayor and another to serve as Vice Mayor. The City Council members also serve as the Local Reuse Authority for the Concord Naval Weapons Station.

Residents interested in learning more about elections or who desire information on becoming a candidate in the future can contact City Clerk Mary Rae Lehman by phone at (925) 671-3495 or via email at CityClerk@cityofconcord.org. To seek office, candidates must be 18 years of age, registered voters at their current residence in the City of Concord and not disqualified from holding office by the Constitution or laws of the State of California. There is no filing fee.

The City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the City Clerk's office. Copies of the statements of economic interests filed by the above elected officers may be obtained by visiting the offices of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the City Clerk. The physical address of the FPPC is 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, California 95814. The physical address of the City Clerk's office is 1950 Parkside Drive, Concord, CA 94519. The statements of economic interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website at http://www.fppc.ca.gov/. Copies may also be obtained by calling the City Clerk at (925) 671-3495.

City of Concord CA