If you are facing a potential eviction from your apartment or rental home, free legal assistance information is available at this link. Concord Hours are no longer available.
First Time Homebuyer Class
The Unity Council is holding First Time Homebuyer classes. Sign up Now!
City's First Time Homebuyer Program
The City provides limited down payment assistance for the purchase of a first home, with eligibility based on income and household size. The program is designed to assist low and median-income households. Hello Housing, a non-profit organization, assists the City in administering the program. All application materials are available through Hello Housing,at (415) 863-3036, the administrator for the City's First Time Homebuyer Program. Eligibility information and the City's Brochure is shown below.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program authorized by Congress in the Tax Reform Act of 1984, provides financial assistance to "First time homebuyers" for the purchase of new or existing single-family home. The Program is administered by Contra Costa County. For more information on Mortgage Credit Certificates.
For further information or questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
State Loans and Grants
The State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) administers more than 20 programs that award loans and grants for the construction, acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable rental and ownership housing.
Homeless Prevention and Resources
Contra Costa Health Services
The Contra Costa County Homeless Program's mission is to ensure an integrated system of care from prevention through intervention for homeless adults, youth and families within our community. For more information.
For more information
Homeless Veteran Services – National Call Center
For more information
Shelter Inc. strives to: 1) Prevent and end homelessness by helping low-income families and individuals stay in their homes; 2) End the cycle of Homelessness; 3) Provide Affordable Housing; and 4) Provide Supportive Services for Veteran Families. For more information.
Contra Costa County Programs
County Programs for individuals include those for Housing and Employment Support. For more information.
Housing Rehabilitation Loan & Grant
The City's Housing Rehabilitation Program currently provides: 1) Emergency Repair and Accessibility Grants & 2) Weatherization and Home Security Grants for Seniors (60+).
Please contact Hello Housing at (415) 863-3036 or click on the brochure below for further description of the programs available.
National Mortgage Settlement
National Mortgage Settlement and secured $18 billion to benefit Californians. Please see the Resources for Homeowners website for more information.
Affordable Housing Opportunities within Concord
- AB 987: Affordable Hosuing/Restricted Income Units in City of Concord
- Robin Lane Apartments
- Virginia Lane Apartments Waitlist and Application
Affordable Housing Opportunities outside Concord
New Housing Opportunity!!
Other Affordable Housing within Contra Costa County
List of Affordable Housing Developments funded by State HCD
- Housing through State Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- Contra Costa County Assisted Rental Units
Inclusionary Zoning Requirements
Mobile Home Rent Stabilization
Fair housing service providers for Contra Costa County
- Fair Housing Service Providers for Contra Costa County. View Tenant/Landlord Brochure for more information.
- Bay Area Legal Aid provides Tenant/Landlord Counseling and advice to households requiring legal aid. Contact (800) 551-5554.
- ECHO Fair Housing provides assistance and counseling for Fair Housing and advice to households experiencing housing discrimination, call 855-275-3246, a counselor is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.