Homeowners with Payment Challenges
First Time Homebuyer Class
New Class Dates for April - November 2013, Sign up Now! Registration information.
New Tenant/Landlord Assistance
Free legal assistance for evictions, for more information. Concord Hours are no longer available.
State Loans and Grants
The State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) administers more than 20 programs that award loans and grants for the construction, acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable rental and ownership housing.
Shelter Inc. strives to prevent and end homelessness through: 1) Preventing Homelessness; 2) Ending the cycle of Homelessness; 3) Providing Affordable Housing; and 4) Supportive Services for Veteran Families. For more information.
Contra Costa County Programs
County Programs for individuals include those for Housing and Employment Support. For more information.
Prevention of Homelessness
Shelter Inc's Homeless Prevention Program is about helping low-income families and individuals remain in their homes. For more information.
Housing Rehabilitation Loan & Grant
The City's Housing Rehabilitation Program currently provides: 1) Emergency Repair and Accessibility Grants & 2) Weatherization and Home Security Grants for Seniors (60+).
Please contact Marla Parada at (925) 671-3327 or Cathy Gaughan at (925) 671-3111 or click on the brochure below for further description of the programs available.
First Time Homebuyer Program
It's Finally Back!!
After being on hold, during the last fiscal year, due to the loss of Redevelopment funds, the City's program is finally back, but with slimmed down funding availability. Save a seat now at one of our upcoming of our First Time Homebuyer classes, before they fill up!
All application materials are available through Hello Housing, the administrator for the City's First Time Homebuyer Program. Eligibility information and the City's Brochure is shown below.
- Affidavit, Brochure and buyer's disclosure (English | Spanish)
- First Time Homebuyer Classes.
Sign up for class at www.crediteducation.org
- Buyer's Checklist
- Preferred Lender List
- FTHB Disclosure
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program, authorized by Congress in the Tax Reform Act of 1984, provides financial assistance to "First time homebuyers" for the purchase of new or existing single-family home. The Program is administered by Contra Costa County. For more information on Mortgage Credit Certificates.
For further information or questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Mortgage Settlement
National Mortgage Settlement and secured $18 billion to benefit Californians. Please see the Resources for Homeowners website for more information.
Affordable Housing Opportunities outside Concord
- Martin Luther
- Park Alameda
- Pullman Point
- Presidio Village Senior Housing - Age 62 and over, Max income based on Household size
Redevelopment Agency Assisted Affordable Housing
Other Affordable Housing within Contra Costa County
List of Affordable Housing Developments funded by State HCD
- Housing through State Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- Contra Costa County Assisted Rental Units
Inclusionary Zoning Requirements
Mobile Home Rent Stabilization
Fair housing service providers for Contra Costa County
- Fair Housing Service Providers for Contra Costa County. View Tenant/Landlord Brochure for more information.
- Bay Area Legal Aid provides Tenant/Landlord Counseling and advice to households requiring legal aid. Contact (800) 551-5554.
- ECHO Fair Housing provides assistance and counseling for Fair Housing and advice to households experiencing housing discrimination, call (925) 246-2069, a counselor is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.