Homeowners with Payment Challenges
First Time Homebuyer Class
The Unity Council is holding First Time Homebuyer classes. Sign up Now!
Registration information for First Time Homebuyer Classes.
If you are facing a potential eviction from your apartment or rental home, free legal assistance information is available at this link. Concord Hours are no longer available.
State Loans and Grants
The State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) administers more than 20 programs that award loans and grants for the construction, acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable rental and ownership housing.
Homeless Prevention and Resources
Contra Costa Health Services
The Contra Costa County Homeless Program's mission is to ensure an integrated system of care from prevention through intervention for homeless adults, youth and families within our community. For more information.
For more information
Shelter Inc. strives to: 1) Prevent and end homelessness by helping low-income families and individuals stay in their homes; 2) End the cycle of Homelessness; 3) Provide Affordable Housing; and 4) Provide Supportive Services for Veteran Families. For more information.
Contra Costa County Programs
County Programs for individuals include those for Housing and Employment Support. For more information.
Housing Rehabilitation Loan & Grant
The City's Housing Rehabilitation Program currently provides: 1) Emergency Repair and Accessibility Grants & 2) Weatherization and Home Security Grants for Seniors (60+).
Please contact Anamarie Farias at (925) 671-3088 or Cathy Gaughan at (925) 671-3111 or click on the brochure below for further description of the programs available.
First Time Homebuyer Program
It's Finally Back!!
All application materials are available through Hello Housing, the administrator for the City's First Time Homebuyer Program. Eligibility information and the City's Brochure is shown below.
- Affidavit, Brochure and buyer's disclosure (English | Spanish)
- First Time Homebuyer Classes
- Buyer's Checklist
- Preferred Lender List
- FTHB Disclosure
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program, authorized by Congress in the Tax Reform Act of 1984, provides financial assistance to "First time homebuyers" for the purchase of new or existing single-family home. The Program is administered by Contra Costa County. For more information on Mortgage Credit Certificates.
For further information or questions, please e-mail: email@example.com
National Mortgage Settlement
National Mortgage Settlement and secured $18 billion to benefit Californians. Please see the Resources for Homeowners website for more information.
Affordable Housing Opportunities within Concord
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates offers a new 16-unit Affordable Housing project that is currently accepting applications.
Affordable Housing Opportunities outside Concord
- Berrellesa Palms Apartments - New Housing Opportunity!!
- Martin Luther
- Park Alameda
- Pullman Point
- Presidio Village Senior Housing - Age 62 and over, Max income based on Household size
Other Affordable Housing within Contra Costa County
List of Affordable Housing Developments funded by State HCD
- Housing through State Dept. of Housing and Community Development
- Contra Costa County Assisted Rental Units
Inclusionary Zoning Requirements
Mobile Home Rent Stabilization
Fair housing service providers for Contra Costa County
- Fair Housing Service Providers for Contra Costa County. View Tenant/Landlord Brochure for more information.
- Bay Area Legal Aid provides Tenant/Landlord Counseling and advice to households requiring legal aid. Contact (800) 551-5554.
- ECHO Fair Housing provides assistance and counseling for Fair Housing and advice to households experiencing housing discrimination, call (925) 246-2069, a counselor is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.