Neighborhood Services/Code Enforcement
Shopping cart recovery program
The City of Concord is pleased to announce a new shopping cart recovery program. Lost and abandoned shopping carts will be picked up from street corners, apartment complexes and residential neighborhoods by a private contractor and returned to the stores that own them. Many of our merchants already use this service but those who don't will be encouraged to participate. The cost of running the program will be paid through a per-cart fee paid by the stores to California Shopping Cart Retrieval Company. The City of Concord will enjoy significant cost savings compared to a similar service we provided in-house.
It's easy to report a lost shopping cart to California Shopping Cart Retrieval Company. There are three different ways:
- Phone - Call toll free, 800-252-4613 and leave a message 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The voicemail messages are picked up in the morning and forwarded to the drivers in Concord.
- Email - Go to www.cartretrieval.net and follow the simple instructions.
- If you use an Apple iphone you can download an app from their website that allows you to take a photo of the lost cart and send it to CSCRC directly. The app identifies the cart's location by GPS coordinates and transmits the information to CSCRC along with the photo. The cart is then added to the driver's pick-up list the following morning!
- Overgrown Vegetation
- Parking and Storing Vehicles
- Solving Neighborhood Disputes
- Temporary Carports
- Shopping Cart Recovery
The City of Concord and the Concord Police Department does not have a shopping cart recovery program. Every retail establishment that supplies shopping carts for customer use is required by municipal ordinance to maintain their own shopping cart retention program. Most contract with private companies to retrieve their shopping carts taken from the store property and abandoned in the surrounding neighborhoods.
If you see an abandoned shopping cart outside the store's parking lot, please contact the store manager and request that the cart be picked up and returned to their premises.
- At this time applications are not being accepted.
Questions and Answers
- If you have suggestions for other topics, please contact the Code Enforcement Unit at email@example.com or give us a call at (925) 671-3075.
Corporal Patrick Murray
Concord Police Department - Code Enforcement Unit Supervisor