Wideload Permit Procedures
Applying for a Wideload Permit
To apply, you must submit a completed Wideload Permit Application form. Certain restrictions apply to each of the following per the California Vehicle Code.
- Annual - Issued for one year with unlimited trips $90.00 (Must maintain some truck route)
- Daily - Issued for one trip $16.00 (Subject to change)
- Draw down Acct - Monies is deposited into a City account and is used for daily routes.
- Daily Permits/Annual Permits are received and issued within 24 hours (subject to change)
- No pilot car is required under 100' long and under 10' wide.
- Caltrans permit required unless origin and destination is within City limits.
- Insurance Requirements
$500,000 Liability (All liability on permitee $250,000 P.L P.D.)
$600,000 Combined. (Subject to change)
- Permittee is responsible for veriflying actual clearances.