Health Fair in Senior Center
Age Strong, Live Long!
Free Health Expo for Seniors and Families!
The Senior Center has several positions needing volunteers:
- Two Front Desk on Monday and Friday mornings at 9am - 1pm. We're looking for volunteers with great customer service skills and excellent phone etiquette, computer and clerical skills.
- Two Computer Lab Monitors on Monday and Friday mornings from 9am-11:00am. If interested, please complete the volunteer application and fax to 925-671-3392, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Application
Hawaiian Fusion 2014 (Information coming in February)
Aloha! You and your family are invited to the 12th annual Hawaiian Fusion event at the Centre Concord. This taste of Hawaii includes an authentic Hawaiian buffet dinner and concert.
The Hawaiian Boutique and no host bar open at 4:30 p.m. and dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. The show is scheduled to get underway at 7:45 p.m. This enjoyable evening will raise funds for the senior center scholarship and programs at the Concord Senior Center. Purchase tickets at www.cityofconcord.org/hawaiianfusion
October 3, 2014. Friday 4:30-9:30 p.m.
$48 individual tickets
Gift and Craft Fair
The Concord Senior Center will be hosting the Gift and Craft fair. Forget the crowds and the swamped parking lots. Fulfill all your holiday shopping needs with unique hand crafted gifts items and delicious homemade goodies. Free to attend fair.
December 5, Friday 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Santa is coming
The whole family can enjoy Santa! Make and enjoy a variety of holiday crafts and games with your child(ren) while waiting for their visit with Santa himself! DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA for your visit with Santa. Refreshments will be served. Pre-registration is required for all children. Space is limited, so register early before it fills up!
Parents are free. To register call 671-3320 ext. 1 or visit www.concordreg.org
December 14, Saturday 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. $8 R / $9 NR
Be A Santa To A Senior
November 17 - December 19, 2014
Since 2001 the City of Concord Employees and local businesses brightens a lonely senior holiday season by purchasing their gift wishes. This past year, employees at City Hall and the Police Station provided gifts for one hundred-fifty seniors fulfilling the items on their wish list. Thank you to all city employees and the customers at Min's Kitchen, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Bank America Willow Pass Branch, Kaiser Shadeland's Human Resources employees and D'Ann's Dance Academy for supporting the 2013 "Be A Santa To A Senior" service program that outreached to over three hundred seniors.
A gift wrapping and proclamation celebration was held on Saturday, December 21, 2013 with over a hundred Boy Scouts, their families and senior volunteers who assisted with wrapping and delivering gifts to the board and care homes. Mayor Grayson presented a certificate to Tess Locsin, Home Instead Senior Care Director and acknowledged this day as "BE A SANTA TO A SENIOR DAY!" To round out the day a holiday performance was provided by the senior center's Ukulele Jam Club under the direction of volunteer June Katayama. All who attended had lots of fun and fellowship.
Seniors from the Heritage Apartments, Concord Senior Center, CC Café and Senior Club, Rosewood Nursing Home, Catholic Charities, Senior Outreach Services and over fourteen Board and Care were the agencies receiving gifts from "Be A Santa To A Senior" service program. One senior sent a thank you card saying: "The many gifts I received from the Senior Santa was a real surprise. I can use all the beautiful clothes and items I received."
2014 Be A Santa To A Senior is already in the works. The Commission on Aging is the organizer of the event and hoping to secure the same businesses again for this year. Trees will be up at the sites listed above a week before Thanksgiving (November 17 – December 19, 2014).
How you can help:
- Set up a Christmas tree in a high traffic area and post a pre-printed sign next to the tree during the holiday season. If you're unable to put a tree in the shopping area, consider placing it in your employee lounge. Or if you don't have a large space for a tree, consider using a wreath. Program runs from mid-November to mid-December.
- Your monetary donation will assist in purchasing gifts for needy seniors in our community. Your business may prefer to donate gifts such as: twin-size blankets, gift cards, gift wrapping supplies or host our gift wrapping party by providing refreshments on December 19.
- Volunteer to help with gift wrapping and delivering gifts to seniors on December 21. If you would like to contribute, take part by volunteering or have questions about the program contact Avis Connolly by email email@example.com.