How do I apply for a permit?


The City of Concord has established permit parking areas in order to alleviate, in certain areas and neighborhoods, motor vehicle congestion. If you live in a permit parking neighborhood, you must submit an application for a permit if you are going to park on the street. After doing so, you will be asked to provide evidence of residency within the permit parking area and evidence of vehicle ownership with the vehicle registered to the same address as the resident.

Appropriate evidence shall include, but not be limited to, a current vehicle registration, a current driver’s license, a recent utility bill, or photocopies of these items, and the appropriate application fee, if any, established in the Resolution Establishing Fees and Charges for Various Municipal Services. 

Apply for a residential permit online at 


A guest parking permit may be issued in a designated permit parking area upon receipt of a completed application. Among the items required in said application shall be evidence of the applicant’s residency within a designated permit parking area, the license plate number of the guest’s vehicle; and the address of the residence being visited, which must coincide with the applicant’s address.

Apply for a guest permit online at


From time to time certain neighborhood groups want to have city streets closed for the purpose of conducting block parties or other similar neighborhood events. In the interest of public safety, the City Council has established a procedure for granting permits authorizing the temporary closure of city streets by the Chief of Police upon application. For questions pertaining to Block Party Permits, please call the Police Department's main phone line 925-671-3220, and ask for the Community Impact Team Sergeant.

Applications for Block Party Permit can be accessed here

Completed applications can be delivered or mailed to the Concord Police Department, 1350 Galindo St, Concord, CA 94520.


To apply for a Solicitor Permit, please fill out the Solicitor Permit Application. Completed applications can be delivered or mailed to the Concord Police Department, 1350 Galindo St, Concord, CA 94520. 

Solicitor Permit Requirements and Regulations


Apply for a Concealed Carry Permit