The following are submittal requirements for ADU's.
PRE-APPROVED ADU PLANS
The City of Concord offers FREE, standardized ADU construction plans that are pre-approved to facilitate a faster, lower-cost permit process. Since the plans are already approved, the only plan review that is required is for your site specific site plan. If a complete submittal is made, this review only takes 5 days, and plan review fees are only hourly charges for the site plan review.
Steps for utilizing the Pre-Approved ADU Plans:
- View the Pre-Approved ADU Plans and select the option that best suits you
- Meet with a Planner to determine where the selected ADU can be located on your site and how to comply with setback and parking requirements
- Create your site specific site plan utilizing the Site Plan Template for your selected Plan:
- Compile all of the required forms and documents listed in the Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Once your permit is issued, review the Pre-Approved ADU Construction Guide, hire a contractor, and build your ADU!
For information on ADU regulations, FAQ's, and other resources visit our ADU Information Page