The City Clerk's Office supports the City's goal of transparency. Responsibilities include:
- Administering the City-wide Records Management Program
- Coordinating and administering all activities of City Council meetings in compliance with the Brown Act and related Government Codes
- Elections official for special and general municipal elections
- Ensuring compliance with the Political Reform Act and Ethics laws
- Maintenance of the City's legislative history and Municipal Code
- Managing and coordinating Council appointed boards and commissions
The City Clerk is the custodian of the City seal and is appointed by the City Manager.