Parks Maintenance

Parks Services

Public Works provides safe, aesthetically pleasing parks designed and maintained to meet the diverse needs for active and passive recreation and leisure activities.

Learn more about our City Parks.

Street Trees, Medians & Open Space

We provide a variety of programs to maintain streetscapes; including street trees and traffic medians, open space areas and public right-of-way in an aesthetically pleasing condition and achieve mandated requirements for public safety in the most cost effective and efficient manner.

Landscape Maintenance

Concord Landscape Maintenance Districts provide the highest quality service level to landscaped areas as specified in maintenance contract specifications and annual budget documents.


Interested in beautifying, enhancing, and maintaining public landscapes in your local park or open space? Concord Parks Adopt-a-Spot program is a way for individuals and community groups to partner with the City to adopt and maintain city landscape. If you are interested in Adopt-a-Spot please fill out the Adopt-a-Spot Application Form

Frequently Asked questions

How do I report a dog at large (off leash)?
Contra Costa Animal Control provides enforcement and animal services in the City of Concord. Information can be found on their website or you can reach them by calling 925-646-2441.

How do I get reimbursed for damage caused to me or my property?
Claim forms are available from the City Attorney’s Office: 1950 Parkside Drive, MS/08, Concord, California 94519; (925) 671-3160.

How do I report trash/debris in a creek?
City crews clear out all city storm water channels prior to the rains. All other non-hazardous debris in creeks in cleaned through volunteers when available. If you are aware of anyone interested in adopting this creek area, please have them submit an  Adopt-a-Spot Application Form.

What are the rule on fishing in a City pond or creek?
The City of Concord does not regulate or enforce fishing rules and regulations. Fishing is regulated in all public waterways, including park ponds, by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife

What are City Trees, how do I know if the tree in front of my house is a City tree or is my tree to maintain?
Trees, shrubs and other landscape growing along right-a-ways are the responsibility of the adjacent property owner. The relevant city code is "Chapter 8.40 TREES AND SHRUBS". The City maintained trees are in medians and along major thoroughfares, there are very few residential neighborhoods with city maintained trees. 

When does the City perform weed abatement?
All weed abatement for Fire Safety is performed prior to June 1 each year. No requests or questions related to our weed abatement program will be responded to prior to June 1. The program is designed to meet Contra Costa County minimum weed abatement standards. If a higher standard is desired we allow interested parties to provide enhanced weed abatement services through our Adopt-a-Spot Application Form.

How do I report any other issue or submit a request?
The best way to report a maintenance issue to the City is through the Concord Connect.