An Encroachment Permit is issued by the City and obtained by the person, firm, or organization that proposes to do work or encroach upon a public right-of-way of water course.


To apply, you must submit an Encroachment Application through the Online Permit Portal.

Engineering Division will review the required information, determine the permit conditions, permit fees and if any additional information is required.

City’s Standard Plans and Specification are required for standard items of work in the public right-of-way, such as curb and gutters, sidewalks, driveways, and sewer laterals. The applicant will be notified of the fees due when the permit is ready for issuance. Specifications

Contact Us

Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Permit Center located at:
1950 Parkside Drive
Building D
Concord, CA 94519

You can also call the Permit Center at 925-671-3425.