Housing Rehabilitation Loan & Grant
Funds are available for grants and low or no-interest, deferred rehabilitation loans for low-income homeowners. Eligibility is based on income and household size. The home must be owner-occupied.
Qualifying repairs include:
- Accessibility improvements and other interior or exterior repairs
- Foundation work
- Heating/air conditioning repair/replacement
- Plumbing or electrical repairs
- Roof repair/replacement
The following are the types of loans and grants available and their maximum limits:
- Emergency Repair and Accessibility Grants: Up to $15,000
- Lead-Based Paint Abatement Grants: Up to $22,500
- Single-Family Home Repair Loans: Up to $75,000
- Weatherization and Home Security Grants for Seniors (age 62 and up): Up to $2,000
All application materials are available through Habitat for Humanity, our Program Administrator. They can be reached at 510-803-3388.
STATE LOANS & GRANTS
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) administers more than 20 programs that award loans and grants for the construction, acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable rental and ownership housing.