- All players are to retire at the conclusion of one hour fifteen minutes when others are waiting
- City sponsored lessons only.
- Food, drinks, bikes, skates (of any kind), scooters, skateboards, pets, etc, are not allowed
- Hockey, Soccer, Lacrosse, Cricket, or other non-racquet sports are not allowed
- Lights (where applicable) go off at 10 p.m. daily
- Municipal Code Section 74-32 makes it a misdemeanor to deface or in any manner injure public property
- No personal ball machines.
- Players are required to observe Tennis Court courtesies as well as rules of good conduct on and around the courts
- Shirts and non-marking shoes are required
- Tournaments may be played only with the permission of the Parks and Recreation Department
- Your physical presence is required on the court for which you are waiting
Junior Tennis: Beginner
Perfect for students interested in learning the basic fundamentals of the game of tennis in a friendly, noncompetitive atmosphere. Develop hand, racket, and ball awareness and skills. Learn forehand, backhand, serves and return of serves. Instructors use a fun, games-based approach to keep the students active and excited.
Junior Tennis: Intermediate
The intermediate course is focused on improving the skills of the game. Strengthen your serve for set play. Improve your lobs, overheads and the volley. Know what to do from any court position.
This will help prepare students for the next level of play.
The City of Concord Parks and Recreation Department offers several different Tennis classes, camps, and programs each season.
View our Activity Guide.
Types of Programs
We have programs for Youth starting as young as age 5.
We focus on teaching new skills, improving and refining skills you already have or acquiring the basic fundamentals of tennis to ensure fun and success. Besides learning each stroke you will participate in fun, skill-building drills to formulate the skills you are learning into your game.
Ages & Experience
Our programs are tailored to all ages whether you are a beginner or have some experience playing tennis.
- Lessons may be combined or cancelled based on Registrations. Participants may be reassigned According to age, ability, and class size
- No refunds given for non-attendance
- No registrations for classes accepted on the court
- Pre-registration is required for all tennis programs
- Refunds are only given if requested at least 5 business days prior to the first class meeting
- Refunds may take up to two weeks to process