With 14 dedicated Pickleball Courts, the City of Concord is home to one of the largest Pickleball complexes in Northern California. The courts are lite for night play, free and open to the public between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. The general philosophy on the courts is to remember to pay-it-forward, was everyone once a beginner. It was because others took the time to help that our more advanced players have developed.
The courts are located in Willow Pass Community Park, next to the community center at 2748 E. Olivera Road in Concord.
- For most up to date information about clinics, lessons, tournaments and organized play please register for our monthly newsletter by clicking here
- Pickleball court schedules can be viewed at www.teamsideline.com/concord
- Pickleball court reservations can be made on our Active net site
- If you're interested in viewing Pickleball classes and clinics are currently open for registration, Click HERE
- If you're interested in private lessons, please reach out to the sports office at email@example.com
Pickleball is a low impact paddle sport played on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net, a large ping pong like paddle and a plastic whiffle ball. Created for all ages and skill levels, the simple rules of the game make it easy for beginners to learn. But don't be fooled, it can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
The Concord Pickleball courts are the result of community and government working together to bring a broader range of recreational activities to the wider community.
City of Concord Pickleball programs include:
- Special events
We encourage novice or beginning players to come down Monday nights from about 5 to 8 p.m. You are very likely to find players at your level and often more advanced players willing to share their experience.
If you are an advanced player looking to for competitive play come out on Friday mornings from about 9 a.m. to noon. to meet others at your level. This is great to push your game to the next level or to prepare for upcoming tournaments.
Courts are closed for basic maintenance every Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
General Court Rules and Practices
The City of Concord Pickleball Courts are managed by the Concord Parks & Recreation department. In support of our efforts to maintain the courts and serve as many community members as possible, we are asking all players and court visitors be aware of and abide by the following rules when using the Willow Pass Park Pickleball Courts.
- These are public courts and common courtesy for others is required at all times.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Only water is allowed inside the gates. No food or other beverages are permitted inside the court gates.
- No gum inside the gates.
- No chairs are allowed inside the gates, as they put holes in the court surface.
- Do not hang anything on the nets or center divider.
- When all public courts are in use, players without the proper use permit, are to play one game to 11 then vacate the court for others. A paddle rack is provided for those waiting to stack paddles.
- Permits, issued by the City of Concord, are required for play groups, clinics, drill groups or other organized play for groups with more than 8 players.
- No lessons except by Concord Parks & Recreation permitted and approved instructors.
- Court calendars and/or colored flags are posted on courts signifying authorized activities. Please do not support or participate in any unauthorized events.
- Subject to availability, courts must be rented for groups of 8 or more players. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.