Economic Development and Base Reuse Department
🛈 Visit the Concord Forward: How the City is Supporting Local Business page to learn about City-specific resources or the COVID-19 Business Resources Page to learn about federal, state, county, and other resources that may help your business during the pandemic.
By taking a long-term, comprehensive approach to economic development, the City of Concord’s Economic Development and Base Reuse Department seeks to:
- Enhance Concord’s quality of life;
- Facilitate a stable, healthy business environment;
- Expand the City’s tax base to ensure long-term fiscal stability;
- Provide efficient, effective government services to Concord businesses;
- Promote high-quality job opportunities;
- Maintain a highly-skilled, competitive workforce;
- Support entrepreneurship and small business opportunities; and
- Revitalize Downtown and other business districts
CONCORD FIRST WEBSITE
The Economic Development and Base Reuse Department created the Concord First website to allow business owners and brokers to get to know Concord better and get a good feel for what our dynamic, progressive community has to offer. The City of Concord is building a strong record of success, underpinned by ambitious plans for the future, and we’re only too happy to widen the path. Visit the Concord First website to learn more.
The Opportunity Zones program is a federal initiative to encourage investment in economically distressed communities. Individuals who invest in any of the four designated census tracts in Concord through a Qualified Opportunity Fund are eligible to receive tax benefits, such as deferring or even eliminating capital gains. Learn more by visiting the Opportunity Zones page on the Concord First website.
Shopping for properties? Or are you simply curious? Visit our searchable website to see available properties in Concord. You can tailor your search to your needs and interests – by building size, site or business, for example, or you can probe other information such as demographics, labor force and economic data.