Trips and Tours
get ready for adventure!
The City of Concord Recreation Services Department is offering day trips, guided tours, and travel programs specifically designed for older adults 50 and better!
Travel Safety: To maintain a safe travel environment, the City will follow the latest health guidelines and protocols set by the local and state public health departments. Contact the Program Coordinator for further clarification.
VIEW our monthly Concord Senior Travel Newsletter! Call us to join our contact list to receive these newsletter via e-mail or by post mail.
General Questions about Trips & Tours? Call the Program Coordinator Habad "Abid" Ahmad at (925) 671-3017.
Day Trips are travel programs that don't require an overnight stay. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration. Most of our travel programs feature roundtrip transportation for Day Trips from the Concord Senior Center will be provided on a luxury motor coach. The motor coach may be wheelchair-accessible and will feature a restroom on board. Please inform the Program Coordinator to confirm availability of wheelchair seating on any of our trips. Please plan to park in the East parking lot (2nd parking lot) at the Concord Senior Center.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Read the descriptions of the travel program. Determine if the mobility rating is appropriate for your physical fitness level and health.
- Level 1: At a leisurely pace, this trip involves minimal physical activity, such as boarding a motor coach, light walking (only up to a few city blocks), and short periods of standing. This level would be wheelchair, cane, and walker accessible.
- Level 2: This trip may require some periods of standing and light walking along stairs, inclines, and uneven surfaces. This trip would likely not be accessible for wheelchairs, canes, or walkers.
- Level 3: This trip may require substantial periods of walking and standing, sometimes on uneven terrain or stairs. This trip would not be accessible for wheelchairs, canes, or walkers.
3 Ways to Register for Day Trips:
- Online: Click on the TITLE of the trip you'd like to attend to register. You will need to create an account on our registration site if you do not already have one.
- By Phone (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm): Call the Registration Office at 925-671-3404.
- In Person: Visit any one of our community centers to register and pay in person:
- Concord Senior Citizens Center (M-F, 9am-4pm)
- Centre Concord (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm)
- Willow Pass Center (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm)
SOLD OUT & WAITLIST
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Extended Travel programs require overnight stays while traveling domestically or internationally. A booklet may be picked up at the Concord Senior Center with registration details and full itineraries for each destination.
Please call TravelCenter Tours & Travel, (925) 937-2223, for pricing and registration information for extended travel packages.