Trips and Tours
Return to Travel in 2022!
The Concord Parks & Recreation Department is once again offering day trips, guided tours, and travel programs for seniors. Club membership is NOT required! Our trips are open to all adults 50 & better.
Travel Safety: To maintain a safe travel environment, the City will follow the latest health guidelines and protocols set by the local and state public health departments. Contact the Program Coordinator for further clarification.
VIEW our monthly Concord Senior Travel Newsletter! Call us to join our contact list to receive these newsletter via e-mail or by post mail.
General Questions about Trips & Tours? Call Program Coordinator Habad (pronounced "Abid") Ahmad at (925) 671-3017.
Day Trips are travel programs that don't require an overnight stay. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration. Roundtrip transportation for Day Trips from the Concord Senior Center will be provided on a commercial motor coach. The motor coach is ADA accessible and features a restroom on board. Please plan to park in the East parking lot (2nd parking lot) at the Concord Senior Center.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Read the descriptions of the travel program. Determine if the mobility rating is appropriate for your physical fitness level and health.
- Level 1: At a leisurely pace, this trip involves minimal physical activity, such as boarding a motor coach, light walking (only up to a few city blocks), and short periods of standing. This level would be wheelchair, cane, and walker accessible.
- Level 2: This trip may require some periods of standing and light walking along stairs, inclines, and uneven surfaces. This trip would likely not be accessible for wheelchairs, canes, or walkers.
- Level 3: This trip may require substantial periods of walking and standing, sometimes on uneven terrain or stairs. This trip would not be accessible for wheelchairs, canes, or walkers.
3 Ways to Register for Day Trips:
- Online: Click on the TITLE of the trip you'd like to attend to register. You will need to create an account on our registration site if you do not already have one.
- By Phone (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm): Call the Registration Office at 925-671-3404.
- In Person: Visit any one of our community centers to register and pay in person:
- Concord Senior Citizens Center (M-F, 9am-4pm)
- Centre Concord (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm)
- Willow Pass Center (M-F, 10am-12pm & 1-3pm)
Casino Trips are returning on the 3rd Thursday of each month starting in June! Casino destinations will include: Red Hawk, Hard Rock, Graton, and Cache Creek. Stay tuned for more details!
TRAVELING DURING COVID - FREE INFORMATIONAL TRAVEL PRESENTATION
Come learn about what's new with escorted travel, including the changes due to COVID-19 and information about the latest travel programming for older adults 50 and better! Travel agents from TravelCenter Tours & Travel and Premiere World Discovery will be showcasing details about upcoming extended travel opportunities available this Fall 2022 going into early 2023.
Meet the Recreation Program Coordinator "Abid" who will share insight into Concord's senior travel programming!
PRE-REGISTRATION HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
REGISTER ONLINE OR CALL US AT (925) 671-3320.
FREE TO ATTEND! OPEN TO ALL ADULTS 50 AND BETTER!
Spend four hours of fun at the popular Cache Creek Casino in Brooks. They have 2,200 of the newest slots, table games including Blackjack, Cache Creek Craps, Roulette, eight restaurants and a large nonsmoking play area. Receive Cache Creek bonus play and food credits.
Only 24 seats remain!
TUESDAY, JULY 26, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
"Follow that Seagull" tour will offer a view of Union Square, Chinatown, Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf. Fort Point, Land's End, Great Highway, John Muir Drive and Golden Gate Park, Twin Peaks. Your tour will conclude with the history of the Ferry Building.
Only 9 seats remain!