On Dec. 13, the Concord City Council will consider the formation of a Working Group that will assist the City as it begins developing its Homeless Strategic Plan in 2023. Concord's Housing and Economic Development (HED) Committee is recommending that the City form a seven-member group for which five positions will be filled through a recruitment process.
The Working Group will act as an advisory body to Council, staff and the project consultants, and will meet monthly for 9-12 months to hear, discuss, and provide feedback as the strategic plan is shaped.
HED has recommended the creation of seven-member group that would include:
- Two Concord City Councilmembers
- One representative with lived experience of being homeless
- One representative from a nonprofit homeless services provider
- One representative that is a substance abuse and/or mental health professional
- One representative that is a Concord resident and property owner
- One representative from Concord’s business community or an owner of commercial property in Concord
HED is also recommending that Council announce the opening of the application period during the meeting; the application period would close on Jan. 3.
Read the agenda and full staff report.