At its Dec. 13 meeting, the Concord City Council approved the formation of a Working Group for the Homeless Strategic Plan. The Working Group will assist the City as it begins developing its Homeless Strategic Plan in 2023. Applications for this recruitment are due to the City Clerk by Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
The Homeless Strategic Plan Working Group will act as an advisory body to Council, staff and the project consultants, and will meet in person once per month, at minimum, for approximately 9 to 12 months to hear, discuss, and provide feedback as the strategic plan is shaped. Members are expected to attend all meetings, read all materials, and be prepared to listen and engage on the topics discussed.
The Working Group is comprised of nine (9) members:
- two (2) Concord City Councilmembers
- one (1) representative with lived experience of being homeless
- one (1) representative from a nonprofit homeless services provider
- one (1) substance abuse professional
- one (1) mental health professional
- one (1) Concord resident and property owner
- one (1) representative who is a Concord resident and is either from Concord's business community or an owner of commercial property in Concord
- one (1) representative who is a veteran homeless services provider
For the lived experience, nonprofit homeless services provider, and substance abuse professional and mental health profession positions, preference shall be given to applicants who are either from or based in Concord.
Learn more about the Homeless Strategic Plan Working Group