How do I report a traffic hazard or complaint?

Any traffic complaint that involves a life-threatening situation such as a road rage incident can be made by calling 911. Other traffic complaints may include but are not limited to speeders in your neighborhood, abandoned vehicles on the street, junk vehicles on private property, and parking violation complaints. These types of complaints can be reported by using one of the following options.

Via email:

  • Email the police department.
  • In your email Subject, please list the type of complaint (abandoned, junk, nuisance, etc).
  • In the narrative, please list the description and license plate of the vehicle, date or time-period of the complaint, synopsis of the problem, and your contact information (name/address/phone- optional).
  • The Community Service Officer in charge of the Traffic, Parking and Vehicle Abatement unit will handle all emails.

In person:

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a permit?
2. How do I request a vacation house check?
3. How do I register my video cameras?
4. How do I pay or appeal a parking citation?
5. How do I report a traffic hazard or complaint?
6. How can I get a copy of a police report?
7. What job openings are available in the Police Department?
8. How can I become a volunteer for the Police Department?
9. How do I determine if there are any registered sex offenders living in my neighborhood?
10. How can I get a restraining order?
11. Does the police department provide fingerprinting services?
12. How do I establish or become involved in a neighborhood watch group?
13. Who do I call to report a traffic hazard such as a malfunctioning signal?
14. How do I join a Citizen Academy?
15. How can I obtain an alarm permit?
16. How can I report a crime online?
17. How do I retrieve a towed/impounded vehicle?