How do I request a new stop sign or traffic signal?

Installation of new traffic control devices requires detailed evaluation to determine the most suitable control type for the intersection as well as its impacts on neighboring streets and intersections. An engineering study that supports the need for the new device is required before it can be approved for installation. 

The City must compete with other municipalities for limited grant funds to pay for new traffic control device installations. The City will log the locations where requests are made and then include them in future grant funding applications if justified by engineering study.

To request a review for new stop sign or traffic signal, contact the Transportation Division via Concord Connect and select Transportation > New Traffic Control Device Request. Provide a detailed description of the intersection, approach, movement and specific issues resulting in the need for the requested traffic control.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request installation of crosswalks on my street?
2. How do I request a new stop sign or traffic signal?
3. How do I request new signage and/or pavement markings?
4. How do I report a damaged sign or pavement marking?
5. How do I request removal of signage and/or pavement markings?
6. How do I report an abandoned/inoperative vehicle in my neighborhood?
7. How do I report an illegally parked vehicle in my neighborhood?
8. How do I request a new red curb, or refresh paint on a faded red curb?
9. Which streets in Concord require parking permits?
10. How can I request permit parking on my street?
11. Drivers speed through my neighborhood; how do I request traffic calming measures?
12. How do I request speed hump installation in my neighborhood?
13. Who do I contact if a traffic signal has a power outage or is flashing red?
14. Intersection traffic signal timing is not working properly, who do I contact?
15. How do I report an issue regarding traffic congestion and delays?
16. Who do I call to report a street light outage?
17. A traffic signal is not detecting my vehicle. How do I report it?
18. An overgrown tree is blocking my visibility while driving, who do I contact?
19. Vehicles do not stop at stop signs, who do I contact?
20. I would like to request turn restrictions or measures to prevent drivers from using my street as cut-through during commute hours. How do I do this?
21. The FAQs do not contain my query. Who do I contact?